Thursday, September 6, 2007

Slipping Away or Choosing To Stay



i hear all the time things about hell.
lake of fire, torture, etc.
sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.
hell to me is distance from God.
seperation from your creator.
not believing in yourself and your dreams.
life can get bleak, raw, and unbearable at this point.
i don't half step into anything, never have, and that goes from trying to kill myself to trying to top the charts to my dreams.
i have always had the mental all or nothing.
full blown rage, love, and pride.
full blown fool, livin raw as fuck with NO fat in my existence.
i'm either a complete success or a complete piece of shit on the streets of los angeles watching the helicopters fly over me as i try to die in a dark beat down alley.
don't believe me, click on the picture above and take a good look at my face, you might not believe my mouth but my eyes always hold the truth.
when i have been on the bottom, i have lived on the streets and slid through the gutter, i have taunted gang members to shoot me and beat me, walkin through Nickerson Gardens at night yellin at the top of my lungs because i didn't have the balls to pull the trigger on myself, and i got my wish but i'm still alive and breathing and for a very good reason.

i dove to depths that would make most shit their pants and when i have been on top, i have been in 1000 dollar a night suites in the Argyle on Sunset bringing my dreams to life and sparkin people to go out and get their own dreams.
my point to this you ask?
bottom or top, it's all the same amount of energy, you can go either way you want, tell yourself you are shit or a star, live or die,
in the end it is up to you and only you to create yourself and a world that you want to live in regardless what anybody tells you.
ugly, fat, unwanted, outsider, hated, convict, 2 strikes, three time loser, loved, pretty, popular, most succesful,
God's gonna love you whether you like it or not
and as long as you are still breathing, you still have a purpose in this world to live out.
You can turn the most negative situation or lifestlye into a positive one.
The more negative your life is just means it can be all the more powerful and positive when you do turn it around.
nobody and i mean NOBODY can stop you but yourself.

3 comments:

Christopher Pimental said...

Damn, brother. I was riveted to every word. And you know that I do not bullshit. Riveted. This gave me chills. Just because it was raw and it was real and it comes off as honest and open and it shows the clear thinking mind of a man who has looked into the mirror and seen it all. A great fucking post, Scott. Putting the reader into the neighborhoods and the back alley and giving them a cold taste of the street where the reality of what can happen out there...damn, brother...keep it strong and keep the energy on the upswing brother. You are an inspiration.

Your homie,

Chris

FarmWife said...

Yes, I'm reading. It's riveting stuff (your buddy Chris hit the nail on the head). Not easy to read, and I'm sure much harder to live.

I love your line "God's gonna love you whether you like it or not..." and I totally agree with the statement that Hell is a total seperation from God. That's the worst thing I can imagine.

Susan Rhys-Jones said...

It's just a river. Every river tastes a little different, but when they get to the ocean they all taste the same.

-Susan