Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Little Things

it's been over 100 degrees in los angeles lately.
a true rarity.
i've been sleepin in my car and the humidity at night is unbearable.
went 3 days without a shower.
decided it was time and checked into a hotel to handle business.

as i was checking in,
there was this guy at the desk all pissed off because his remote wouldn't work.

about 20 flashes ran thru my mind of all the places i've slept in the street over the past 5 years and how raw it has been at times.

i had a really hard time trying to understand that this guy couldn't live without his remote control in his air conditioned room.

4 comments:

Christopher Pimental said...

Even on the small, quick blogs, your writing has become hi-def clear and vivid, man. I was there with you looking at that prick.

FarmWife said...

You know, it's really hard to see outside of your own world view. We are an egocentric species. It's all about us.

I spent a few days in Atlanta in '95 at a homeless shelter. It changed the way I looked at people. Those men weren't bums, they were men with problems not too different from mine. Everyone should see that.

FarmWife said...

I should probably clarify I was working at a church with a food bank and clothes bank...not staying in the shelter.

Susan Rhys-Jones said...

Los Angeles IS a shower